“The key to prayer is simply praying.” AW Tozer
Nothing complex there! Prayer is simply taking time to talk with God about whatever is on your heart (or his!).
One day Jesus was praying and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples." So Jesus said to them "When you pray, say: "'Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.'" [Luke 11:1-4]
Prayer reminds us who God is [Father]. It reminds us that it is his Kingdom and Will that should be our primary focus [your kingdom come]. It reminds us he is our provider [give us today], our rescuer [forgive us], and our protector [lead us not into]
As a church we commit to prayer in a variety of ways:
- Emergency prayer text
- Monthly email prayer bulletin
- Pre-Service Prayer at 8.30am Sunday Mornings
- Prayer Ministry at Sunday Services
- Prayer in our DiG's Groups (Home Groups)
- Prayer for the town (Monday, Wednesday's and Friday's at 3.30pm in the church lounge).
- Combined Town Prayer, Thursday's at St Matthews Anglican Church
If you would like to know more about these or sign up to one of our prayer distribution lists, please contact one of the pastors.